Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Captive Audience

Last night I gave a lecture-demonstration on improv to a Health Psychology class. Before I began, I had everyone in the class take out of sheet of paper and write down:
1) Their Name.
2) Favorite Color.
3) What they wanted to be when they were 10 years old.
4) Their Email address.
5) The funniest person they know.

I then collected them all, and thanked everyone for participating in a marketing ploy. If they did not want to be on the VIP mailing list, they could retrieve their paper at the end of the lecture. I even told them that I was counting on the fact that most of them would forget that I had even done this by the end of class. I then lectured for about an hour and a half.

Not one person came up afterwards to retrieve their paper. I will now commence facebook stalking.

No comments: